Position Title: Project Officer Job Location: Kabul No. of Job: 1 Employment type: Full time Contract duration: 11 months with possible extension Gender: Female Closing date: 12 / 08 /2017 Vacancy #: 17 Kabul Salary: as per organization’s salary scale
Women & Children Legal Research Foundation (WCLRF) was established in March 2003. WCLRF is focused in the area of research, advocacy and raising awareness with the aim of reducing violence against women and improving their skills and knowledge for equal social and political participation both at local and national levels.
So far WCLRF’s activities are covering provinces of Kabul, Parwan, Balkh, Badakhshan, Herat, Kandahar and Nangarhar both urban and rural area and planning to expand its presence in other provinces of the country. WCLRF has its main office in Kabul and have 2 small offices in Balkh and Nangarhar.
This particular announcement is to recruit one officer to lead the project.
The Project Officer will play an instrumental role in ensuring the successful completion of the project milestones within budget. In general, the Project officer will be in charge of managing all staff on the project; ensuring the quality control of all outputs; developing and maintaining relationships with key decision makers and stakeholders; and donor reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
It is expected that the Project Officer will provide conceptual, technical and implementation support for the Project.
The Officer will be closely working with provincial staff and she will be directly reporting to the Director of WCLRF and donor.
The project officer in carrying out these overall functions, in coordination with WCLRF’s Director, related authorities and donor, she will particularly:
- Manage the project and ensure its smooth implementation, including field visits and supporting the provincial team. She will also carry out the function of M&E officer.
- The project officer will have the primary responsibility of monitoring the progress of the project.
- Organize an orientation session for project staff.
- Establish strong coordination with Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Haj and Religious Affairs and other stakeholder about awareness programs in provinces;
- Arrange exposure visits to target authorities from one to another province to exchange knowledge and experiences.
- Revise the manual on public awareness raising.
- Develop and apply tools for measuring the level of learning i.e. pre and post training assessments
- Develop a database containing the details of the awareness sessions conducted and best practices resulting from the sessions
- Develop project action plan (quarterly/monthly) and coordinate with the relevant government and non-government bodies for the implementation of the project activities;
- Arrange and organize exposure visits to target authorities from one to another province to exchange knowledge and experiences;
- Provide regular project progress report (Monthly, Quarterly and Annual) of its activities;
- Travelling to provinces to inspect work progress.
- Sound judgement and personal maturity
- Consideration the contextual sensitivity, awareness and handling cases professionally and dealing with clients
- Knowledge and experience with legal institutions.
- Good managerial skills, ability to direct and motivate legal professionals and support Project staff to maximize their quality of work and efficiency as per the project goal and objectives;
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to interpret case, rules and guidelines
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Integrity and probity
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure
- Belief in women human rights, diversity, national and international values and standards
- Has extensive knowledge and experience in writing proposal.
Master degree with 3 years of relevant work experience in the field of law and political sciences, sharia, gender and human rights highly preferred / Bachelor’s degree with minimum 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of national and international standards, human rights and women’s rights and other relevant criteria;
- Have at least four years’ practical experience in the field of legal, project management, project design, planning, legal plans, reporting and coordination;
- Extensive experience working with personnel/administrative law issues and legal institutions;
- Expertise and experience in implementation and management of similar projects with relevant institutions or civil society organizations or NGOs;
- Clear understanding of the impact and effectiveness of project implementation and project objectives in light of the goals and objectives of the project;
- Understanding of legal, social, political and cultural issues related to gender equality and the rule of law.
Language requirements and Computer skills:
- Professional fluency in Dari and/ or Pashto (written and oral)
- Fluency in English
- The Project Officer should have an excellent computer skills specific expertise in (Ms Office
Interested applicants should send their applications to the following email address:
Contact Number: 0700649191
Please specify your vacancy number and job title in subject line of your CV.